Monday, October 13, 2008

Catch up from August - Summer Olympics!!


For some reason I can not move on until I blog what I was going to in August and never did. I have new stuff, but I wanted to post this and I never got around to it, so I have to do it first...First a picture of Rhett's first, and I'm sure not last, black eye..actually I think this might be his second, but the first was overshadowed by the stitches in his lip... He got this black eye from fighting me in the bath tub. I won. No just kidding, he was throwing a fit in the bathtub and turned his head right into the soap dish. I really didn't think it was that bad, but it just kept growing and growing...

Rhett is in a gymnastics class and they do a Summer and Winter "Olympics," when you can invite family to come watch and they show their stuff. It is SO cute, especially the look on Rhett's face when it is over and they get their medal. He is always so proud of himself, for that reason I will never take him out - until he decides he wants to stop. I love that look, I hope I get to see it all through his life.

Each class carries a sign around with the name of their group. Each member gets a turn carrying it.







Here's Rhett on the bars and the pommel horse. He's pretty good on the bars, but he just goes totally limp on the pommel horse, unless they let him ride like a horse, which they don't do in the Olympics...


They walk from event to event in a "train." I guess this strengthens their arms and gets them ready for the pommel horse. Rhett just likes to climb in the bucket and swing around!! Coming up...THE look....


You probably can't see it very well, but in the first picture he is raising his arms above his head and cheering, in the second picture a boy is copying him (what a trend setter, they probably all showed up the next week with black eyes) but Rhett has The Look on his face. You probably have to zoom in, but I can see it.

I'm throwing this random picture of Bree in so you can see how much she's grown in my next post. This was in August so she was 7 or 8 months old. Plus, I wasn't sure I had enough pictures...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

okay so how did he get the black eye? Did I miss it?

Unknown said...

This is Brook, Jared's wife. That's crazy, I did not know you blogged. I was looking at our class of 98 website checking everyone's blog and came upon Abby Bennett (Wilson) blog and you and Heath were in there. Small world. Your kids are getting so big.

Byron and Olya said...

Trish, I'm so glad you found our blog! I miss you, I wish there would be a way to get together... Olya

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

Good to hear from you. I hope you don't mind that I added you to my blog. Your kids are adorable. I also love the name Bree.

Abs said...

Remember when I got a black eye because I got pushed into you at the x-96 bash? good times. I hope Rhett knows that black eyes are really cool. His summer olympics look totally fun!